Monday, August 3, 2015

Apricot Chocolate Chip Cookies


I bet you are looking for a cookie that is a little bit different. Am I right?
Well.... if I'm right, then you have come to the right place.
I took a regular oatmeal cookie and changed things up just a little to make this crunchy, chewy bit of heaven. I developed this recipe for the Lillooet Apricot & Tsaqwem Apricot Cooking Contest. 
They didn't win but I'm not complaining. They are my new favorite. 
I love cookies. 
Especially cookies that are soft AND crunchy AND chewy AND filled with chocolate and all sorts of deliciousness. 
Who's with me?


Apricot Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups oats (old fashioned or large flakes)
1/2 tsp baking soda
generous pinch salt
1 cup butter, room temp
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup dried apricots, diced fine
1 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Chipits)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, coconut, oats, baking soda, and salt. 
In another bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in both sugars until well combined. Beat in vanilla and eggs until smooth.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until mixture is well combined. Dough will be thick. 
Stir in the dried apricots and chocolate chips. 
Using a medium cookie scoop - about 2 Tbsps - drop cookies about 2 inches apart on prepared cookies sheet.
Bake at 350 for about 11 - 15 minutes, until edges of cookies are lightly browned and center appears dry. *Be careful not to overcook or your cookies will be crunchy and not chewy*
Remove from heat, let sit on cookie sheet for 3 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely. 


Delicious warm but equally as tasty at room temp.


These freeze very well too, in case you want to make them up ahead of time to bring to a family gathering or on a hike or picnic or... well... you get my point. 
P.S. - If you want them to look extra pretty - save a few of the apricots and chocolate chips and press them into the top of the cookies just before baking. This ensures you will see them instead of them disappearing into the cookie when they bake. 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I can't seem to find any good apricots around here!! These look yummy! Thanks for linking up on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday Link Party!! Hope to see you again tomorrow!! Love partying with you!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apricot and chocolate chip combo!! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! This post has been pinned on the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! I love having you and can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete