Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Apple Crumble Salted Caramel Cheesecake Pie Dip



I know we promised only healthy recipes for the month of January but I HAD to share this recipe.
Had to.
See, I feel like if I didn't share this recipe ASAP then you guys would missing out and that would make me very sad. And this delicious dip shouldn't make anyone sad. 
So...basically...for my own mental well being I am going to share. 
Call me selfish.
Anyway...you need this in your face. 
I mean, just look a the name of this recipe, there's apple crumble, salted caramel, cheesecake, pie, and dip all in ONE thing. 
*jazz hands*


Apple Crumble Salted Caramel Cheesecake Pie Dip

Ingredients
Bottom Layer
1 8 oz pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese, room temp
1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
(store bought or our easy peasy recipe is HERE)

Middle Layer
4 apples, peeled and diced small
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup water + 1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp cornstarch

Top Layer
3/4 cup pitted dates
3/4 cup pecans
3/4 cup almonds
1/2 cup coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt
1/3 cup quinoa flakes (or oats)

Directions
Bottom Layer - In a mixing bowl, beat Philadelphia cream cheese until smooth, scraping sides of bowl often. Beat in the salted caramel sauce until completely combined.
Spread into serving dish. 


Middle Layer - In a medium saucepan, place chopped apples, cinnamon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until apples are tender - about 10 - 15 minutes. Mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup water in a small dish. Stir the mixture into the simmering apples. Continue to simmer until mixture is thickened and apples are very tender - about 3 - 5 more minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool. (Can place in fridge to speed process)
Spread cooled apples on top of cream cheese layer.


Top Layer - In a blender (or food processor), pulse dates until chopped into small pieces. 
Add in pecans, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, and salt. Continue to process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.


Stir in the quinoa flakes (or oats) to combine.
Spread the crumble mixture evenly over the apple mixture. 


Chill until ready to serve.
You can serve it with pretzels, graham crackers, animal cookies, or pie crust dippers!


I brought this to the office for a coworker that was having a birthday. It went over very well. I think the favorite dipping items were definitely the pie crust cutouts. To make those - simply use your favorite pie dough recipe, or even store bought, roll them out, use a cookie cutter to cut shapes, bake them until brown and let cool. 


This is great to bring to an office party or for a get together at your home. 
It's different, it's easy, it's tasty, plus it makes quite a bit...you know...in case you get a little carried away with the "quality control" sampling. 
 
 
Carole's Chatter has tons of fantastic links - be sure to click over and pay her a visit!

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you didn't go Healthy!!! This is such a great idea for entertaining. Thank you for sharing it on our Four Seasons Blog Hop. Pinning now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way we really liked the labels on your blog. It really helped my sister and I figure ours out. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heaven! This has my most favorite things in it! Thanks for linking up with Delish. I'm going to feature on this week's link up on my blog. (lizziejanebaby.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. did I miss something? where's the easy peasy recipe is HERE) salted caramel sauce???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just click on where we typed, "...our easy peasy recipe is HERE)" The "HERE" is a link that will take you to the recipe. Hope that clears it up for you!

      Delete