Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Super Easy Fudge


I cannot believe it's almost the end of November. Time to start thinking about what to make for Christmas baking.
Sue here, I thought I would take over from Jo to share at least one of my Christmas recipes.
This fudge is so easy you won't even believe it.
I've made a million different versions and they all taste rich and creamy - just like fudge that you have to boil and stir and blah-blah-blah to make. I didn't invent this recipe but I have been using it for so many years that I have no idea where I originally got it from.
It only requires 2 ingredients plus add ins.
Be prepared to have your mind blown.


Super Easy Fudge

Ingredients
1 (450gr) can of prepared frosting
1 (300 gr) bag of chocolate chips
about 2 cups of add ins

Directions
Line an 8 X 8 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. (I usually spray the foil and then lightly pat it off with a paper towel so the fudge isn't greasy)
Stir together frosting and chips in a saucepan over medium-low heat until well combined. Remove from heat and stir in your add ins.
Spread evenly in prepared pan and chill until set.
Remove the fudge from the pan using the tinfoil and cut into 1 inch cubes.

The photos above are of my Pistachio, Cranberry, White Chocolate Fudge. I used 1 can of white frosting, 1 bag of white chocolate chips, approx 1 cup of dried cranberries (chopped), approx 1 cup of pistachios (chopped).
The next photos below are of my Snickers Milk Chocolate Fudge.


I use 1 can of chocolate frosting, 1 bag of milk chocolate chips, and 4 Snickers bars (cut up small).
I stir 3 chopped Snickers into the fudge and then sprinkle the remaining chopped Snickers on top of the fudge and lightly press it down.


As you can see, the possibilities are endless.
There are a million different flavors of chips to use: butterscotch, cinnamon, peanut butter, dark chocolate, mint chocolate, etc...
There are also a few frostings to choose from: chocolate, vanilla, cream cheese, dark chocolate, and - apparently although they are not available in Lillooet - cherry, lemon, coconut pecan, rainbow chip, etc...
As for add ins...well...don't even get me started: coconut, dried fruit, nuts, peanut butter cups, any chopped chocolate bar, Oreos, marshmallows, caramels, etc...
Aaaaaah! Endless possibilities for deliciousness!
This is very rich and a small piece goes a long way. You will never be able to convince me that this isn't just as good as hard-to make fudge. 
Yes, boiled fudge it is hard to make!
Everyone keeps telling me how "easy" it is...but, you know what? If it involves using a candy thermometer...then it's hard. Candy thermometers hate me.
They do.
I'm not even lying.
Anyway....this is an excellent Christmas baking recipe to add to your list! The Pistachio, Cranberry, White Chocolate Fudge is especially festive.

16 comments:

  1. That's it! I elect you two Queens of the World!This sounds so fabulously easy and I love that it can be mixed up into endlessly different types of fudge! Guess what everyone will be getting from me this Christmas? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queens of the world? I like it! lol
      This makes a perfect Christmas gift - Sue has made this for family and friends forever at Christmas time!

      Delete
  2. Yep - super easy-to-make, but also SUPER DELICIOUS treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is genius!
    I would love to have you link this and/or any other recipe of yours to Wednesday Extravaganza - my Foodie Link Party with a special something! Here is the link to it:
    http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/11/wednesday-extravaganza-6-german-gluhwein-mug-giveaway.html

    Can't wait to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is definitely going onto my 'sweets' board! Looks so easy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! This looks so tempting... A food blog- I must follow! Found you via My Turn for Us. :)

    ahumblebumble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented!! We hope you will come back this week. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop. This weeks party starts at 12:01 A.M. on Wednesday and runs through Sunday night. Have a great week. Debi, Myrna and Joye (The Busy Bee's), Linda (Two Succulent Sisters).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this recipe and I'm waiting for it to set. So far, so good! I ended up popping it into the freezer because I'm so darn impatient. Plus, I made mine in a cupcake tin so I can gift it easier. I think a mini muffin tin would be better, though! (Plus, Reynolds makes aluminum foil cups! Too bad I forgot until after I made them.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of the mini muffin cups. It will ship a lot easier. Shipping from Chgo to Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy begeezus... I ended up making a variation of this recipe to make Red Velvet Cream Cheese fudge and I have never had so many people ask for the recipe. You ladies ROCK! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red velvet cream cheese sounds AMAZING! So glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  10. Hi, Can't wait to try this delicious fudge. Have a 2 questions...Why can't I "Pin" any of your recipes to Pinterest and why is there no Print Friendly icon to click? Thanks! Just found your blog through another site and am so excited to find more recipes (especially the mini Christmas houses).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this time we do not have a print button as it is not an option offered to us. As soon as we are able to add a print button we will do so!! As for the "pin" button -- I am working on getting that figured out. I'm afraid I'm not terribly computer savvy and it is proving trickier than I thought to add it to our blog.
      You can still "copy & paste" into a blank word document to print. And, you can copy the "http" address of our blog post and paste it in the "add from a website" option on Pinterest. (A pain in the butt, I know, but hopefully that will help out until we can get the button figured out!! Thank you :)

      Delete
  11. Looking yummy. Nice fudge recipe.
    Thanks for sharing it. I will try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete