Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pumpkin Mousse (Low Cal)


Are you one of those crazy people who doesn’t like pumpkin? If you are then you won’t want to try this recipe. Even though it is delicious and low calorie, you won’t want to try it. It tastes pumpkin-y.
 Mmmmm... just like pumpkin pie!
I don’t get you anti-pumpkin people. (Sue – I am looking in your direction) I am going to assume there was some kind of secret laboratory testing that occurred that made you lose your ability to taste yummy things.
Okay, I probably shouldn’t make fun of anti-pumpkin people. Until a few years ago, I was one of them! Eeeep. Thankfully I have regained my admiration for pumpkin and can mingle with the normal people now...
This is one of the few recipes I have tried that is very low calorie (According to Fitday it is 76 calories per serving, 2.1 fat, 12.5 carbs, 2.5 protein. A serving is 1/10th of the recipe ) and still really, really tasty.
Seriously.
Make it.

Low Cal Pumpkin Mousse
 Ingredients
1 15 oz can Pumpkin
2 sm pkg instant sugar free/fat free vanilla pudding
2 cups skim milk (I used 1%)
2 cups light Cool Whip Topping (thawed) (I used 95% fat free)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice


Directions
Mix pudding with skim milk. When that thickens, whisk in other ingredients until smooth. Chill.
.
For those of you watching your waistline this Thanksgiving – first of all, good luck with that, secondly, you might want to bring this to your family dinner and wow everyone with your amazing skills. They won’t know it only took you 5 seconds to prepare AND they certainly won’t know that it’s a “diet” recipe. (Only 76 calories!!)
(If I remember correctly, by Weight Watchers points it is 1 point per serving - if you get 8 servings out of it. I do 10 servings instead of 8 because it is really rich.)
.
I don’t remember where I found the original recipe but the person who created it is a super genius. Of course, now that I have made it for several years and put my own little adjustments in, I have taken credit for it.
What? Me, a super genius?
Yes, yes....it’s true.

3 comments:

  1. I make this but use one instant vanilla pudding and one instant butterscotch pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this with 2 cheesecake sugar free puddings, almond milk, fat free Cool Whip still really great! Almond milk has 30 calories per cup & 2.5 Fat which should lower it even more. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Pumpkin Cheese Cake Dessert has 1/2 can (15 oz.) canned pumpkin, 2 cups Chobani Nonfat Plain Yogurt, 1 cup Lite Cool Whip (for richer version, use real whipped cream) 4 oz. Neufatchel Cream Cheese, 3 Tablespoons Sugar Free Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix, 1/4 cup Stevia In The Raw, 2 tablespoons honey, 1/2 tsp real Vanilla, 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp Nutmeg. Mix together with mix master at low speed, then high speed in medium size bowl. Cover this and refrigerate for 30 min. to 1 hr. Serve with dollop of Cool Whip or real whipped cream on top. Bon Appetit!

    ReplyDelete