Sunday, October 2, 2011

Greek Spread (Dip)


I haven't blogged in a couple of days and I am feeling sad about that. We have been soooo busy lately with Sue moving and participating in the Terry Fox Run and Bras for a Cause and Run for the Cure, not to mention having a bit of a family crisis. Everything is finally calming down again so I will (hopfully) be able to get back to a blog a day (or a blog every 2 days).
I thought I would post the recipe for this delicious, and uber fast, Greek Spread/Dip.
Sue is the creator of this one.
It is one of those easy recipes that doesn't really require measuring. You can use as much or as little of the ingredients as you like.
The recipe here (I believe) is what the amounts are in the photo.



Greek Spread/Dip

Ingredients
1 8 oz brick cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayo
1 small cucumber, finely chopped
1 medium tomato, seeded, finely chopped
1/2 small onion, finely diced
1/4 - 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled

Directions
Mix cream cheese and mayo together and spread on serving platter, leaving about 1/4 inch thick.
Sprinkle cucumbers over top, then tomatoes, then onion, and finally - feta.
Serve with pitas. Refrigerate leftovers.


It does not get much easier than that.
I think we used Herb & Garlic Feta which added some extra flavor as well. This would make a great appetizer for a Greek dinner party.

I know this is a short blog today but I am off shortly to do the Run for the Cure.
I hope to do a blog soon about the Terry Fox Run and Bras for the Cause and Run for the Cure. I believe they are all great causes and we have a lot of fun participating. I know I have some photos around here somewhere and hopefully I can find them to post.

Be sure to pop over to Carole's Chatter for tons of great links!

1 comment:

  1. It's a nice and quick dip when you don't have much time!

    ReplyDelete