Thursday, September 8, 2011

Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies

.
I love cookies. LOVE THEM. If it were feasible I would eat cookies every day, for every meal. It’s true. Sue thinks I’m insane. She’s not a cookie freak.
It’s sad really.
Today’s cookies are Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies. Who doesn’t love surprises, right? Especially baked inside a cookie. A PEANUT BUTTER cookie.
(Peanut butter should be its own food group I say)
.
.
Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies
 
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
1/2 cup butter, room temp
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup smooth peanut butter
24 Mini chocolate bars (I used Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar)
Directions
In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and set aside.
In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add peanut butter and beat until combined.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients all at once. Beat at low speed until just combined.
Roll dough into log and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for at least an hour.
 
Cookie log and chocolates waiting to get together
.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut log into 24 equal pieces. 
Press a mini chocolate bar into the middle of each piece of dough and enclose with dough so no chocolate shows through. Roll into ball.  (See pic below)
.
.
Place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 350 for 10 - 15 minutes, or until cookies are just starting to turn golden brown. Do not overbake.
Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets for about 10 minutes before
removing to wire rack to finish cooling.

I had to make these ones as soon as I spotted the Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar. Who knew they made Reese’s in a chocolate bar?
Not me.
Oh sure, I knew about the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Reese’s Pieces, Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups, Reese’s Big Cup Peanut Butter Cups, Reese’s Dark Peanut Butter Cups, Reese’s White Peanut Butter Cups, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream, aaaaaaaand Reese’s Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bar.
Hey, what can I say, I am a fan of the Reese’s line.
Anyway, apparently they make a chocolate bar now too. It worked perfectly for the cookies.
 If, for some ridiculous reason, you are not a fan of the Reese’s Peanut Butter line then, by all means substitute whatever you like. (IE: mini Snickers bar, mini Caramilk bar, etc..)
These go great in the lunch box for school or freeze well in an airtight container.
Or, and here is my favourite suggestion, just eat them all as soon as they are cool enough to do so.

3 comments:

  1. You can never have to much chocolate or peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%! Chocolate and peanut butter are one of my favorite combinations :)

    ReplyDelete